The Lady Finger

February 28, 2012

Istanbul, Turkey : 4 days Bonus Trip

I'll see you again someday, Ukraine :')

Photobucket

Welcome to Istanbul, Turkey!

Photobucket

Me and Orin planned to go to Turkey before we going home, so here we are!

Photobucket

So, me and Orin had to wait Aysel like for 2 hours at the airport because she's gonna be our host family during our trip in Turkey. anyway, Aysel has the same schedule like ours but her flight was from Oddessa. after 2 hours of waiting, finally we met! before we decided gone from the airport, i wanted to took some money from ATM, unlucky me..... one of my debit card was not work in Turkey! and the other one was empty! Madafakaaah! i was in big trouble, i only had Hryvna in my wallet! i didn't have dollars or euros left in my wallet. that was not funny at all! the best thing was.... i can't called my mom from here! so, i beg to Orin to lent me some money. fiuuuuh~

Anyway, i love the weather in Istanbul. It was like +7 degrees outside and there was no snow!
after that, we were looking for taxi but none of them didn't allowed us to take it, because three of us brought a really big luggage, especially me. so we decided to took a metro, before that we should buy tickets and Aysel bought it for us. I really love these metro, its cooler than metro in Kiev.

The right phrase for us is "don't expect too much during the trip" after we got out from metro station and took a taxi, we just realized that Aysel lost her wallet and she had everything on it. she had cash money like $400 and her identity card, driving license, student card and also her credit and debit cards and it kinda hard to make the new identity card in Turkey because she should go to her city, Izmir (which is it takes like 6 hours by bus from Istanbul) to make the new one. oh poor Aysel and i feel so sorry for her.

After get out from taxi, we went to Aysel's uncle house, he's gonna be our host family for 4 days ahead. Aysel just dropped off her luggage into the room, and she went to the police station to make a report about her wallet. so, me and Orin stay at home with her aunty (who can't speak english). it was reaaaaaally awkward, we even can't having a conversation with her. Orin and I just sat on the couch while watched tv which are all the programs speak in Turkish. hahaha.
actually, Ayel's aunty was really nice, she was pregnant and still go to work (actually, we stayed in the 5th floor and there's no elevator, can u imagine??) and finally his husband just came home, fiuuuuh finally, at least she has a friend to talk with. haha
but, they were really nice, they provided us good food, they cooked for us.

Photobucket

anyway, my journey in Istanbul was not that good, there are a lot of obstacles. i didn't go to great places there. places that i only remember : Sultan Ahmed (Blue Mosque and Ana Sofiya), Taxim Street, Bakırköy Street and malls like : Max Mara and some mall (I forgot the name, they sell like the cheapest price) and I didn't took so many pictures of it :(

so, here some pictures that I can share...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Even I had no fun in Istanbul like I expected before, but I really really happy been here. I had a new family here. Thanks to Aysel and her uncle also his wife who allowed us to stay in their flat for 4 days!

Photobucket

Anyway, they are really love Indonesia, we shared about Indonesia and we gave them Indonesian souvenirs, they were really happy! they were the nicest host family I've ever had. I'm so gonna miss them so much!

No comments: